100+ Strategies to Drive Your Account-Based Marketing Campaigns
I am a marketing professional with over 15 years of experience in the industry. I have been helping companies develop and implement account-based marketing campaigns for the last five years. Here I want to share the best tips that you can use to drive your ABM campaign.
How do you know that an account is qualified? What are some tactics you can use to create a content strategy? These queries will be answered as we go through some examples from my own ABM work with various clients. By reading this article, you will have enough strategies at your fingertips to take on any challenge!
The account-based marketing (ABM) space is exploding. With the introduction of ABM comes the need for new strategies that are both innovative and effective. This blog post will explore 100+ approaches that can be used to drive your account-based marketing campaigns successfully. From social media to email to webinars, this list has it all!
What are Account-Based Marketing Campaigns?
An ABM is a strategy for reaching out to your target audience through specific accounts. It allows you to have unique content, which will get more exposure on different channels.
Account-Based Marketing Campaigns are a great way to target your ideal customers.
Account-Based Marketing Campaigns (ABM) is a digital marketing strategy that allows businesses to target accounts (i.e., decision-makers or influencers who make purchasing decisions for your business’s the product/service) based on their value and role.
Account-based marketing is an effective way of reaching target audiences.
100+ Strategies to Drive Your Account-Based Marketing Campaigns
- Know the 12 stages for converting accounts to customers
- Organize reports into manageable groups
- Use an ABM marketing calendar tool
- Create a customer profile
- Identify the right target audience for your campaign
- Develop an account-based marketing strategy to reach those accounts
- Implement your plan by creating content and promotions that speak to those accounts’ needs and interests
- Start with the customer journey
- Create a marketing plan that aligns with your company’s goals
- Build personas to target customers by demographics, interests, and behaviors
- Develop content for each persona type based on their needs and pain points
- Use social media to reach out to customers in your niche
- Build your account list
- Create a content plan
- Select the type of ABM
- Understand the customer journey
- Understand how to build your audience
- Understand internal and external data challenges
- Establish goals for each campaign and set up tracking tools
- Identify the best distribution channels to reach your target audience based on their interests, demographics, and behaviors
- Implement A/B testing of email subject lines or CTAs to optimize performance
- Create a list of targeted accounts
- Develop an account-based marketing strategy for each target account type
- Define your goals and objectives for the campaign
- Identify the metrics that will be used to measure the success or failure of the campaign.
- Build out a detailed plan with specific tasks, timelines, and responsibilities
- Understand your customer’s needs and wants
- Identify the best channels to reach them
- Create a compelling offer that is relevant to their interests, pain points, or motivations
- Develop an effective strategy for delivering on your promise
- Establish a persona for each individual in the target audience
- Create personas that show how your product or service can help them reach their goals
- Develop content and messages to address the needs of these personas
- Set up a process to monitor performance and make changes as needed
- Build a strong foundation for your ABM campaign
- Understand the power of account-based marketing and how it can help you reach your goals
- Set clear objectives to drive success in ABM campaigns
- Find and engage with accounts that align with your company’s values, interests, and customer needs
- Utilize content as a way to establish credibility and provide value to prospects
- Develop an ongoing strategy that is consistent across all channels
- Identify the top 3-5 goals for your account-based marketing campaign
- Identify the key performance indicators that will show whether or not you met your goals
- Choose which channels to use to reach out to prospects to achieve these goals, and create an outreach plan for each channel with specific messages and calls-to-action
- Develop a strategy for measuring success
- Target decision-makers
- Recruit champions
- Leverage a cross-functional team
- Step up your content marketing
- Focus on lead time and cadence
- Set the stage
- Focusing on key objectives
- Build upon your target list
- Segmentation is everything
- Review branding kits
- Email your contacts once a month
- Broadcast messages to your database
- Start communicating with your new users right away
- Develop your buyer persona
- Develop your target persona
- Develop your customer avatar
- Develop your ideal customer profile
- Learn from the past successes and failures
- Demand owned media
- Create brand-building content
- Engage and nurture your audience
- Understand the needs and motivations that drive your target audience to buy
- Develop an account-based marketing strategy that aligns with your organization’s objectives
- Leverage data to identify targets, create content, and execute campaigns
- Measure success by evaluating engagement rates, conversion rates, campaign effectiveness
- Identify your customer personas
- Create a target list of accounts to reach out to
- Research each account’s needs and pain points, then tailor messaging accordingly.
- Build relationships with these contacts by providing value-added content that is relevant to them or their business/industry sector
- Target accounts by industry
- Engage accounts that matter to you
- Make a list of the hottest prospects in your account list
- Ensure that social proof works for you
- Create a strong call-to-action
- Set clear goals to assess the effectiveness of your strategy.
- Measure the impact of social media on your overall marketing strategy
- Strategic segmentation
- Built target personas for each business group
- Use qualitative research to understand the buying impacts of disruptive technologies.
- Building the proper foundation at the start
- Maintain momentum to drive your vision forward
- Focus on your growth rate
- Understand the drivers of renewal
- Differentiate your approach
- Build lasting relationships
- Start with the best leads
- Continuously develop engaging content
- Create an account-based funnel
- Send relevant emails based on their stage in the cycle
- Add a layer of social proof
- Align account-based marketing campaigns to your organization’s goals
- Maintain campaigns in the long run
- Build out your account-based marketing infrastructure
- Optimize your target lists by industry vertical
- Build a strategy that fits your market
- Focus on the end-user
- Use segmentation to target accounts with the most potential
- Identify your key accounts and profile them
- Focus your efforts
- Start using Account-Based Marketing (ABM) strategies today!
- Incorporate Account-Based Marketing in your strategy
- Strategically target those who are most likely to use your services
- Create a plan for tracking and analyzing progress
- Execute consistently
- Make adjustments as needed for maximum ROI
- Automate your lead scoring
- Trigger account-based marketing campaigns based on a company’s digital maturity
- Communicate with a single voice using a centralized database, that is…
- Develop a lead nurturing strategy that can be dynamically modified over time.
- Engage with decision-makers through social selling
If you’re looking for a way to drive more sales, account-based marketing may be just what you need. With ABM, your company focuses on one customer at a time and puts the appropriate amount of resources into that single relationship to create a long-term connection.
In addition to increasing revenue from existing customers through loyalty programs or other means, this strategy also helps build new relationships with potential clients who are considered “cold leads.”
The strategies we’ve shared can help get your campaign off the ground quickly and efficiently so you can start seeing results today! How might these 100+ ABM Strategies work for your business? Have any been tried already? Reach us know by contacting our expert team today.