WordPress is a website creation tool and web publishing platform which is simple and effective. The users need not have any knowledge of coding to use this platform and so is loved by all. Many top websites of the world are running on this platform.
Search Engine Optimization or SEO is the process in which the visibility of a website is affected. This helps in improving the search engine ranking. SEO ensures that the page is found by the search engines for relevant keywords entered by the users. This increases traffic to the website and improves revenue.
WordPress platform is search engine friendly but SEO work is needed to further get best results for your website or webpage. WordPress popularity is because of its simplicity and also because SEO elements can be added easily to it in the form of SEO plug-in. A lot of care must be taken while installing SEO plug-ins to get the best results. Taking the help of consults will help your site perform better. He will analyze how SEO is strengthening your market and if any mistakes are being made.
Why is an SEO consultant needed for Word press?
• Installing SEO plug-in in WordPress is easy. But one must understand that it can alter the code of the website and this may sometimes make you drop the rank.
• Adding any new plug-ins an affect the loading speed of the websites which can further affect the ranking. Only an SEO expert can take care of this.
• Trending keywords help to get big traffic and engage the audience. Identifying the keywords can be done by SEO analysis.
• An SEO consultant can guide and advise on the type of content that increase organic traffic.
WordPress SEO Tips
• When you assign your posts to various categories on your WordPress site, the original version URL details needs to be informed to Google to avoid duplicate content issues.
• Do not use H1 tags for many times. Using multiple H1 tags may damage the rankings or organic search as these are seen as spam.
• When using Free WordPress themes take care that these do not hurt your SEO. Check whether there are spammy links, will it be supported and updated etc. User reviews can help you decide on whether to use the themes or not.
Searching rankings are affected by the loading speed of the site. If the speed is low, you may lose the rank to other fast loading sites. Apart from publishing quality content, make sure that the site is loading fast. Use tools such as Google Page Speed to check the speed. Page load time can be improved by installing catching plug-ins. Also, optimize your images to improve site performance.
Choosing WordPress SEO Plug-ins
There are few things that need to be considered before deciding on the type of Plug-in to be selected for the WordPress website.
• Find out the compatibility of the plug-in for the site.
• Assess the support the Plug-in gets from the developers through support forums and reviews.
• Check the popularity of the Plug-in. The popularity of a plug-in can be assessed by the number of times it is downloaded.
Best WordPress Plug-ins
• The most popular and much used WordPress Plug-in is the SEO by Yoast. It allows adding Meta descriptions, keywords for all the content you publish on the site.
• SEMrush is a paid subscription and helps to improve SEO of your WordPress site by gathering analytics from other sites.
• Google Keyword Planner is a free tool and can be used by anyone to get keyword ideas.