There is great demand for digital marketing professionals. There are great opportunities in a digital marketing career. Here are the top questions that the candidates may face in digital marketing interview.
1. What is digital marketing?
Using digital technologies to reach customers and to convert them into leads can be termed as digital marketing.
2. How many of digital marketing are there?
Email marketing, SEO, pay per click, social media, online advertising, affiliate marketing, text messaging blogging and viral marketing is all types of digital marketing.
3. How can you categorize digital marketing term?
It is categorized into inbound and outbound marketing.
4. What is inbound marketing?
Inbound marketing is a technique in which social media, webinars, eBooks, newsletter re used to help customer learn about the company and the products.
5. What is outbound marketing?
Using calls email and placing an advertisement and using digital platforms to reach the audience is outbound marketing.
6. Is there any difference between direct marketing and branding?
Direct marketing is targeting audience relevant to business and types of direct marketing are search network only, shopping campaigns and dynamic search ads. In branding the advertiser tries to get exposure of his brand using display ads, remarketing, YouTube ads and other methods.
7. Why brands prefer online marketing over offline marketing?
Digital marketing offers various benefits. Web development, hosting, and SEO are its tools and it is possible to reach many individual online.
8. What is Google Adwords remarketing?
Adwords remarketing is a strategy in which the marketers reach the people who visited the website but took no action to convert.
9. What is a responsive website?
This is a website that responds well to the interactions of the user or it can be a site created using responsive web design.
10. Why are you interested in digital marketing industry?
The reputation of digital marketing industry is good and this also gives a lot of opportunities for people to progress in career.
11. How to increase website traffic?
Concentrating on referring links and SEO will help to increase traffic to the website.
12. What are using digital marketing tools?
Keyword discovery, rank watch, Alexa ranking, Google Analytics, Moz, Digital Point Keyword Tracer are some useful digital marketing tools.
13. Where do you see yourself in coming five years in digital marketing?
For this question, the candidate needs to give an answer based on the job he is giving an interview for. If it is a digital marketing executive job say that the goal is to become a digital marketing manager. If it is for a digital marketing manager, say that you see yourself as head of digital marketing department.
14. Explain the limitation of online marketing?
The customer cannot analyze the product before buying, inability to confirm the quality of products and services and another limitation is the product shown online and the one delivered may differ.
15. What do you like most in digital marketing?
List a couple of things such as SEO, PPC, and Affiliate etc and also tell them that you enjoy taking up challenges.
16. What do you not like in digital marketing?
Be honest and tell them what task you dislike in your last job.
17. How your experience will benefit digital marketing business?
Talk about your skills, what you learned and how this knowledge and help the business.
18. What was the best challenge you faced in this career till now?
Think about the challenges and what the outcome was. Do not hesitate to tell them about challenges resulted in failure.
19. What attracted you to attend this job interview?
Tell them that you wanted to work for the best employer in the digital marketing area.
20. How do you stay updated with digital marketing trends?
With blogs, books, webinars, and podcasts.
21. How do you rate yourself based on digital marketing knowledge?
Analyze what are your weaknesses, strength, skills, and knowledge and answer honestly.
22. Which one are important likes, followers or engagement numbers?
Like and follows does not always convert into sales, therefore, engagement numbers or important.
23. How would you engage more target audience through Facebook?
Answer this question by analyzing the situation and by asking the interviewer few questions like what he wants to achieve etc.
24. How to track and analyze the success of a campaign?
Talk about the goal, tracking progress via Google Analytics etc.
25. What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization is a process to organize the site to allow search engines to index correctly.
26. What are the types of SEO?
SEO is done by using On page optimization and off page optimization.
27. What is on page SEO optimization?
This is the process of optimizing keywords, title, meta tags, description etc.
28. What is off page SEO optimization?
This is the method of earning backlinks from various websites.
29. Name some SEO blogs that you read to keep updated.
Search engine journal, MOZ, SEO Smarty, Jimboykins, Search Engine Land etc.
30. What is a keyword?
Keyword is the term entered by a user in search engine to look for specific information
31. How important is the keyword for SEO?
Keywords affect the page ranking and site ranking in SEO.
32. Where to use keywords to optimize site ranking?
For better ranking, keywords are used in website URL, website Title, Meta tag, web page content, headlines etc.
33. What is Pay Per Click Advertising?
Pay Per click is the amount spent by advertisers to the publisher to get the advertisement clicked.
34. What are primary models of Pay Per Click?
Flat rate PPC, Bid based PPC are primary models of Pay Per Click.
35. What is flat rate PPC?
In this model publishers and advertisers have an understanding to fix an amount for each click.
36. What is bid based PPC?
A private auction is hosted by publisher and the advertisers compete with other advertisers in this model.
37. How should an effective PPC keyword be like?
An Effective keyword should for PPC be relevant, exhaustive and expensive.
38. Mention the elements to optimize PPC conversion rates?
Focus on compelling content, maintaining relevance between ads and landing pages, web page registration process, the design of landing page to optimize PPC conversion rates.
39. What is the right approach for Pay Per Click campaigns?
Adding more PPC keywords, Splitting ad groups, Review PPC keywords, adding negative keywords are all right approaches for effective pay per click campaigns.
40. Mention some useful online marketing tools.
Google analytics, digital point keyword tracker, keyword discovery, XML sitemap generator etc.
41. What is off page optimization?
Getting external links pointing back to the page to boost search engine ranking is on-page optimization.
42. What is on page optimization?
This deals with the structure of the website and the content in it.
43. How to avoid the penalty?
Do not use poison words, do not link to a site with bad page rank, do not steal text or images.
44. What are the characteristics of bad links?
Unrelated site links, links from low page rank sites, links from sites that are not in Google index or paid links can be said as bad links.
45. What is Hootsuite?
This is a platform to manage all social media accounts from one place.
46. How to use social media for branding?
Running campaigns, promoting business through ads in social media helps for branding.
47. Which is your favorite social media platform?
Choose any social media platform such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and explain its strengths.
48. Can social media marketing help businesses?
Yes, Any reputable firm is having an online presence on social media to get the proven benefits.
49. How social media marketing benefits the businesses?
Social media marketing helps the businesses to develop relationships with the prospects. The communication between consumers and the businesses is changed with social media marketing.
50. Is YouTube important for marketing?
Promoting the brand using video via YouTube platform helps the brands to build relations with the consumers. The audience can have a look behind the scenes or get benefit from how to videos.
The above mentioned are the most commonly used questions in digital marketing interview. Prepare yourself for the interview by having an idea of the questions you may face and impress the interviewer.