Lead generation is getting the information such as names, email addresses etc f prospective customers online through search engines and websites.Lead generation is a time-consuming process.Lead generation is done by some specialized companies for a fee for various companies such as insurance, real estate, marketing first etc.
Introduction to e-commerce Lead Generation
Lead generation for e-commerce help in increasing the conversions. E-commerce should follow effective strategies for lead generation.Lead generation plays an important part of sale funnel for any businesses that have an online presence.A web form is used to collect the information of the visitors which is called the lead in online marketing.
Effective Lead Generation Strategies for e-Commerce Sites
Here are few lead generation strategies that work effectively for e-commerce sites.
• Make sure to collect email information of those who visit the e-commerce site. This is one of the best e-commerce lead generation tool. Offer free shipping coupons or other interesting offers to encourage the visitors to give their email addresses.
• Word of mouth is another effective lead generation tool. This has proved to help many e-commerce sites who adopted this age-old tool. Encourage your customers to refer to a friend and offer special discounts to those who refer new customers. Also offer special discounts for first-time buyers.
• Pop-ups proved to increase the conversion rate by at least twenty-five percent. Use pop-up forms to collect information and promise to offer better services to these customers. Offer good deals for those who sign up with their email addresses.
• Make your lead generation process personalized to make the customer feel special.
• Make your website as unique as possible and provide the customers that they do not find anywhere else online.
• Try different kinds of lead generation and see what type of content effectively attracts the leads.
• Have a clear call to action so that the prospects do not get distracted and perform the intended action easily.
• A/B testing helps to improve lead generation. This allows making changes to different segments of the site and determining the impact of the changes on conversion rate.
E-Commerce vs. Lead Generation
Every business whether small of big offers some goods and services and these have to be promoted before the audience who may turn out to be buyers. Lead generation is the best way to increase sales. The important components in lead generation process include bringing traffic to the e-commerce site and to encourage the visitors to share their details.Based on the goals of the company, the e-commerce site has to attract the prospects. This can be achieved by using the search engine marketing, search engine optimization, social media, display ads and offline events.
Lead generation is important for e-commerce sites as the contact info collected from prospects can be used to promote the services or product offered by the e-commerce sites to reach the visitors and try turning them into customers.
Ecommerce sites should provide high-quality content to the prospects to visit the site to exchange the contact information.This is the common practice followed by many e-commerce sites. Another effective method is to use webinars to encourage the visitors to participate.
The most effective and followed tool for lead generation by most e-commerce sites is presenting the service or product attractively on landing pages.Optimize landing page to get the most benefits.
If right lead generation strategies are followed by the e-commerce sites, there is no reason why these cannot get required results. It is all about creating the right strategy and implementing is religious.